The Best Time To Apply Opti-Coat
It’s best to apply Opti-Coat soon after you take delivery of your “New” vehicle. However, you can have Opti-Coat applied to your “freshly detailed” used vehicle.
This application process is the best method and recommended by Optimum to achieve the maximum gloss and longest protection from Opti-Coat Pro
- Through hand wash of the vehicle body
- Clay treatment for all painted surfaces
- Inspect the paint surface with inspection lights
- Light polish to remove any minor defects in the paint (more polishing levels available)
- Reinspect paint condition in natural sunlight
- Perform Paint Prep wipedown to panels about to be coated
- Apply 15 cc’s of Opti-Coat Pro to all Painted Surfaces as well as Lights, Chrome and Wheel Faces.
What is Opti-Coat?
Opti-Coat is a hard wearing, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H), and surface protection from chemical etching due to environmental impacts.
The Opti-Coat pre-polymer cross links, and forms a continuous protective film on the car's painted surface, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish.
Opti-Coat has better chemical resistance, scratch and mar resistance, and release properties than any automotive paint protection coating in use. It provides permanent protection for all modern factory paints.
- Why choose OptiCoat Pro?
OptiCoat Pro is not a paint protection wax or sealant that will wash away, or break down over time. OptiCoat Pro bonds permanently with the factory coating, protecting the surface indefinitely and will not delaminate. A single layer of Optimum Clear Coating measures approximately 2 microns in thickness. When compared to other paint protection products, OptiCoat Pro is more than 100 times thicker, with tests showing a wax coating measuring less than 0.02 microns. This allows OptiCoat Pro to effectively absorb damage that would otherwise affect the factory paint layers. Swirl marks and light scratches are not only decreased by the harder Optimum Ceramic Coating, the factory paint is protected and preserved. OptiCoat Pro is completely resistant to acidic environmental substances such as bird droppings. Unlike your factory clear coating that can be permanently damaged, OptiCoat Pro will not etch or dissolve when in contact with these substances, and a clean, glossy clear coating is maintained..
- How long should I wait to apply your product if my car has been repainted?
- You will need to contact us and see what we recommend. The time will vary depending on the paint system the body shop used. In any case, the time that they recommend you should wait to wax the paint, is the same time you will need to wait to install our product.
- What are the benefits of applying OptiCoat Pro?
- A Superior Clear Coat Film OptiCoat Pro will provide the owner with a superior clear coat film and the most advanced paint protection product in the marketplace, that is resistant to chemical etching, and harder than factory clear coatings to reduce swirls and scratches A Permanent Hydrophobic Surface OptiCoat Pro will provide the owner with a permanent hydrophobic surface that is easier to clean, and stays cleaner for longer! Improved Resale Value By maintaining a quality finish using the Optimum Clear Coating, you'll also maintain a solid resale value when it comes time to upgrade to a new vehicle..
- How it works?
OptiCoat Pro works by bonding to your factory clear coating and becoming a permanent part of your vehicles paint system. Just like the clear coat bonds to the base coat, OptiCoat Pro bonds chemically to the clear coat.
Initially, the technician will assess the paint work for defects and contamination. All surface contamination and any necessary defects are removed. Once this stage is complete, the paintwork is prepped and cleaned using an alcohol based cleaner and ready for coating.
The Optimum Clear Coating is mostly self leveling. Any high spots are manually leveled by the technician to produce an even coat. Once complete, the surface is touch dry within 30 minutes.
The Optimum Clear Coating continues to cross-link and harden. Within 12 hours it is resistant to liquids such as water and can be driven as normal by the client. OptiCoat Pro will then continue to harden over the next 30 days as it is exposed to heat.
- What makes OptiCoat Pro so different from the rest?
The first significant difference is the chemistry. The manufacturer of OptiCoat Pro was a formulator of urethane clear coats for OEM automotive finishes. Dr Ghodoussi explains in technical terms: "OptiCoat Pro is a pre-polymer that cross links and forms a continuous film on the surfaces it is applied to, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish. OptiCoat Pro also reacts with the substrate that it is applied to so it will not delaminate" "As far as the durability, it is similar to urethane clear coats. It will not wash away or break down, however, you can polish it over time ! The hardness starts at 6-7 but will increase over time to 9H as it is exposed to heat. OptiCoat Pro has better chemical resistance, scratch & mar resistance, and release properties than any automotive coating in use." Translated so we can all understand that - OptiCoat Pro is not a wax, nano or polymer sealant that will degrade over short periods of time. Or a paint protection product that requires a special "soft wash" or pH neutral shampoo to remain on the surface for any extended period of time. It is a permanent, clear coat finish very similar to your factory clear coat, only harder, and with higher resistance to chemical etching. The second significant difference is the thickness of the coating. A single layer of OptiCoat Pro measures approximately 2 microns in thickness. Or 100 times thicker than your typical wax or sealant measuring in at 0.02 microns. What this means to your vehicle is that any damage inflicted on the surface is absorbed by the Optimum Coating. This is particularly significant in relation to scratches and swirls in the paintwork that inevitably build up over time. Not only will the OptiCoat Pro resist damage far better than factory finishes, but the coating itself can eventually be removed and reapplied. Preserving your factory coating, and restoring the vehicle to "better than new" condition.
- Does OptiCoat Pro come with a warranty?
- OptiCoat Pro may be installed with or without a warranty. Please visit warranty page for warranty details.
- Can OptiCoat Pro be applied on fresh paint?
- Optimum recommends waiting at least seven days before applying OptiCoat Pro on fresh paint. However, this time period is ultimately determined by the body shop and the type of paint and application process they used.
- Do I need any special pH neutral car wash to maintain OptiCoat Pro?
Absolutely not. OptiCoat Pro is not affected by even harsh chemicals let alone any strong car wash or cleaners.
Be aware of products that claim "up to x amount of years protection" based on washing only with special pH neutral washes. If the protection requires a soft wash to maintain its durability, how can it really be expected to protect your cars finish when it's most needed?.
- What if a stain does not come off the film during normal washing?
- If ordinary car wash or soap and water will not remove a stain, there are a variety products available to do the job. In most cases simple isopropyl rubbing alcohol will remove anything on the surface of the film. In cases of more severe staining, or where something has been left on the film for a long period of time, a sparing amount of lacquer thinner can be used. Bug and tar remover available at any auto parts store is also effective. If you are unsure about the use of any other chemical on the surface of the film, please contact us and we'll help you out!
- Why do I have to have the coating serviced annually under warranty?
- Not everyone cares for their vehicle like you might do. So we cater for the weakest link to ensure the OptiCoat Pro continues to perform to its full potential. An annual service will allow the dealer to clean, and if necessary polish and remove any contamination build up from the coating. This is also an opportunity for the client to have any additional work carried out they wish to request, like removal of old damaged OptiCoat Pro and reapplication.
Optimum Opti-Coat PRO Benefits
- Permanent Coating with a 5 year warranty
- Low Maintenance – Never wax your car again
- Hydrophobic Coating – Sheds dirt with a simple rinse
- Harder Than Typical Clear Coat – Increased scratch resistance
- Chemically Resistant – Cannot be removed by degreasers or harsh car wash soaps
- Acid Resistance – Such as acidic bird droppings
- Approximately 100 times thicker than any wax or sealant
- Also Apply to Wheels – Protect from brake dust build up
Opti-Coat Pro is a hard wearing, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H) and protection from chemical etching due to environmental impacts.
The Opti-Coat Pro pre-polymer cross links, and forms a continuous protective film on the painted surface it is applied to, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish.
Opti-Coat Pro has better chemical resistance, scratch & mar resistance, and release properties than any automotive paint coating in use. It provides permanent protection for all modern factory paints and can also be used to protect metal and hard plastic surfaces.
See your nearest approved Opti-Coat dealer to protect and enhance your vehicle today!.
Opti-Coat Pro Plus
Opti-Coat Pro Plus Delivers More Gloss & Greater Protection!
The Opti-Coat Pro Plus Ceramic Paint Protection package now delivers even more gloss and slickness than ever before, while still maintaining the same chemical structure that has made it renowned as the ultimate protective paint coating.
The advanced formulation not only delivers amazing gloss and protection, it also provides increased anti water spotting and hydrophobic properties to maintain the perfect finish in the long term.
Opti-Coat Pro Plus is an enhanced 2 step version of Opti-Coat Pro. The first step, Opti-Coat Pro, is a ceramic clear coating with superior resistance to scratching, chemical etching, fading due to UV and provides outstanding release properties. Opti-Coat Pro Plus adds great gloss and slickness for a fantastic shine and long term paint protection with a 7 year warranty.
See your nearest approved Opti-Coat dealer to protect and enhance your vehicle today!.
Superhydrophobic, Long-term Protection.
Opti-Guard Fabric creates a superhydrophobic coating to protect fabric seats, carpets, fabric convertible tops and other textile surfaces. When liquids come in contact with Opti-Guard Fabric and closed loop textiles, the surface repels the substance and liquids roll off without penetrating or staining the material. Additionally, for materials with an open structure such as plush carpets where liquids are able to penetrate the surface, the coating prevents any penetration of the fibers and permanent staining of the material.
How Does it Work?Opti-Guard Fabric forms a strong bond with the fibers to prevent removal during cleaning. This bond between the substrate and the coating creates a surface that produces a very high contact angle when in contact with liquids. Due to this extremely high contact angle, liquids are unable to attach or penetrate the fibers and are repelled in droplets. When combined with Optimum Fabric Cleaner & Protectant, the Opti-Guard system provides permanent protection for these surfaces.
Maximum UV Protection for Leather & Vinyl
Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl creates a hydrophobic coating with concentrated UV absorbers to protect leather seats and dashboards from premature aging, cracking, and other damage such as color transfer and staining of leather seats.
Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl is an acrylic hybrid resin that creates a strong, yet flexible coating for these softer surfaces and high resistance to chemicals. The coating contains special matting agents to maintain the original factory appearance of the surface it is applied to.
How Does it Work?Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl is applied liberally to the surface and left to be absorbed by the substrate. The resin penetrates the surface to produce a permanent bond within the material. This is particularly important for leather seats that are subjected to constant wear and abrasion. As the coating soaks deep within the leather, it is resistant to be removed through normal use.
Optimum Gloss Coat
Optimum Gloss-Coat™ is the most advanced polymer system that forms a layer of clear coat over automotive finishes. Optimum Gloss-Coat™ provides better scratch and mar resistance, better UV resistance, better chemical etch resistance, and has better release properties than any other consumer product while providing unsurpassed gloss and slickness. Additionally, you can top Optimum Gloss-Coat™ with any non-abrasive wax or sealant of your choice to add additional gloss and slickness.
Opti-Metal Coat™ is a rapid curing ceramic coating designed to bond to all metal surfaces, to prevent ongoing oxidation and damage during cleaning processes.
Opti-Metal Coat™ creates a protective barrier with an extremely strong bond to metal surfaces and high resistance to acids and chemicals. The hydrophobic properties provide easy ongoing maintenance for all automotive, marine, aviation and industrial applications.